Sunday, January 9, 2011

Started a New Book

Yes, that's right. I'm just a glutton for punishment.

So this idea just came to me this weekend as I was finishing a book that I was reading. I don't want to give anything away, but I think if I can get to the end of this one, it'll be a good sell. It's a comedy with religious ties to it (comparable to Moore), but make no mistake, it's an original.

On another note, I just spent the weekend in D.C. with my family and had a blast hanging out with my sisters, brothers in law, and baby nephew. We did a lot of drinking, a lot of laughing, and for one of us in particular, a little bit of tumbling.

My brother in law got quite drunk on Friday night (I say that as if I wasn't drunk, as well. We drank a bottle and a half of Maker's Mark between the two of us), and took a fall down six stairs, leaving a faceprint in the drywall at the bottom. I'm not kidding...you could literally see where his forhead, nose and chin hit the wall. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he was laughing about half-way down the stairs, because by the time I got there (2 seconds after it happened), he was already in hysterics. He took one look at the wall and said, "Come on, people! That hole was there before, wasn't it??"

Good Times...

-GS

No comments: